Mendix is the low-code platform with the fastest global growth, did you know that? This blog finds you if you’re moving to Mendix. Mendix cloud deployment will be discussed in this blog article.
The 1-Click Deployment Framework for Mendix applications on public cloud(s) simplifies and accelerates the deployment process. With just a single click, you can seamlessly deploy your Mendix applications onto public cloud platforms, unlocking the benefits of scalability, reliability, and cost-efficiency. This framework eliminates the complexities of traditional deployment methods and empowers organizations to launch their Mendix applications quickly and efficiently on the public cloud, enabling faster time-to-market and enhanced agility. Experience the ease and convenience of deploying your Mendix applications with a single click on the public cloud.
The rigidity of this structure was examined in this blog post using AWS, the current market leader in public cloud adoption. We can see how the customer has the freedom to choose the infrastructure and the application to be deployed thanks to the powerful integration of the trio Jenkins, Mendix, and AWS.
1. Set up a VPC with two availability zones and private and public subnets.
2. To secure the nodes and application while preventing external connections, private subnets were created for Kubernetes nodes.
3. We can utilize CloudWatch and Grafana for log monitoring.
4. Configuring Jenkins to automate the CI/CD pipeline.
5. Integrating Jenkins with the Mendix team server.
6. Create a Docker image using the Mendix Docker file and our application code.
7. Upload the Docker image to artefacts like the Docker Hub, ECR, or ACR.
8. Create YAML Scripts to deploy the application. These scripts pass parameters like the database host name and password and the Mendix admin password as secrets using a secrets manager.
9. Using YAML, deploy the docker image in EKS and get the saved images from the artefacts.
10. For high availability and dependability, use EKS’s load balancer, replica sets, and autoscaling.
Jenkins begins downloading code from Team servers after a developer clicks a single button, using Mendix docker files and source code to create a docker image that is then used to deploy in Elastic Kubernetes Service in AWS.
1. Giving the client the ability to take charge of the CI/CD process.
2. The isolated Kubernetes environment allows users to create and administer their own cloud Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), with the potential to increase security.
3. The application auto-scales loads based on traffic and is highly accessible.
4. Logs are simple to monitor, and setting warnings for high CPU usage is simple.
Experience seamless deployment on the public cloud with Mendix. Get started now!
In conclusion, the 1-Click Deployment Framework for Mendix applications on public cloud(s) revolutionizes the way organizations deploy their applications. By simplifying the deployment process and providing a seamless experience, this framework empowers businesses to leverage the scalability and reliability of the public cloud. With just a single click, organizations can effortlessly launch their Mendix applications, accelerating time-to-market and driving business agility. Embrace the power of 1-Click Deployment and unlock the full potential of your Mendix applications on the public cloud.
By Ankit Kumar Ojha
By Uma Raj
Senthil Chellappan is a seasoned Team Lead - DevOps at Indium Software, bringing over 6+ years of experience in Digital Engineering. With expertise in various DevOps tools and a track record of successfully handling multiple projects, Senthil has even excelled as a one-person team. His skillset encompasses multi-cloud proficiency, extensive POC experience, and a strong passion for staying abreast of the latest technology trends. By actively engaging with blogs, technology forums, and new services, he ensures he remains up-to-date. Senthil's combined expertise in Digital Engineering and DevOps positions him perfectly to drive success as the Team Lead - DevOps at Indium Software.