Most of the software development firms leverage mobile platforms to unveil their technology competency and promptness to capture the market share. Mobile platform is a new frontier for the business sustainability, growth and brand distinctiveness. But innovation of technologies brings many testing needs and challenges that suggest ways to Mobile Apps Testing.
Especially on the Mobile platform, software development and testing will be like two peas in a pod. Certainly not undermining the development effort here but goal of testing should be aligned with the quality of offerings.
Few Key challenges in Mobile Apps Testing
Compatibility Issue is a critical QA task that ensures the product/software application executes as desired across a broad set of user/client systems and configurations. Proliferation of browsers, operating systems and devices to ensure that all their software is rendered as intended across these platforms and to prevent expensive bugs/errors entering production/field/market.
Apple, Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, iPad, Samsung Tab to name a few
Various Combinations of browsers and Operating Systems.
Browsers: all versions of Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows, iOS, Android, Symbian
Test Script Automation
- iMOBI – Indium’s Mobile Automation Framework.
- Leverage the expertise in Test Automation and testing tool expertise.
- Implement and apply specific mobile application techniques for different environments and operating systems.
- Expertise in variety of applications and devices
Security has become a prime concern with mobile apps vulnerable to attacks. At Indium, we follow a comprehensive approach to mobile app security.
- Mobile Application Security Verification Standard (MASVS) to cover top 10 mobile platform-based vulnerabilities.
- Mobile platform based vulnerable analysis on mobile build (Android & iOS).
- Identifying information leakages of app users (Local Storage for Sensitive Data).
- Android Manifest analysis.
- Reverse Engineering Attacks.
- Recognize API risk
Indium software with two decades of expertise can be your perfect partner in performing vulnerability scanning and penetration testing of your mobile app. Our team of “CEH” certified experts can help you in identifying vulnerabilities and issues such as,
Compromise in customer data.
Identify if the Mobile App has tampered in terms of configuration alterations
Find if the App packages could be reverse-engineered and modified
Usability – Testing
- To evaluate the user experience on different apps on mobile devices
- Perform Usability testing to deliver the best experience possible
- Improved usability across platforms and operating systems, including web browsers, iOS, Android, Windows etc.
- Provide detailed recommendation for usability improvements
- Help the customers to optimize the website or application to be translated for mobile devices
Performance – Testing
- The requests and responses for better throughput
- Ensuring that the pages are retrieved within the expected limit
- Testing for throughput and application stability under increasing concurrent user load
- Recommendations to improve the performance of the mobile application
Indium Software’s Test center for Excellence lays a test strategy with a mix of different testing techniques and methods for best overall testing result, which balances the tradeoff between faster release cycle time, quality and costs.
Objective of our Mobile App testing
Establish confidence in the behavior of your mobile applications across devices & platforms. Prevent negative impacts to the brand and revenue streams.