User Acceptance Testing is the final stage that validates development and testing processes, confirming that the objectives are achieved, that the application works as expected and the system satisfies all needs.
The common challenges in User Acceptance testing include the following:
- Lack of access to domain experts & business users, who understand the specific needs of end-users.
- Duplication of test processes across feature testing and user acceptance testing
- Difficulty in designing test algorithms, test environments and test planning, primarily owing to lack of relevant inputs on expected user behavior
- User Acceptance Testing requires a multi-disciplinary team with more domain expertise than typical test teams
Indium Software’s QA approach is designed and executed keeping the above mentioned challenges in mind. We have the ability to staff the right resources, gather inputs from business users and clients with pre-decided templates, and build a UAT process that complements other testing processes. Our goal is to help product managers and developers spot bugs early and test for user expectations early on in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Indium experienced team brings certain processes to the table:
For a robust, high quality UAT process, the key is to capture the right product knowledge from the client. Our years of experience in serving clients from many different sectors, gives us the deep domain knowledge to run a 360-degree User Acceptance Testing Process
The need for domain specialists is critical for User Acceptance Testing. At Indium Software, we’ve a proven approach to ensure the right resources are allocated, with elasticity and flexibility, during the UAT phase of a project
It is also important for a client to understand whether an exhaustive UAT Process has been run. For this, the right reporting and documentation are critical.
Indium Software’s expertise also lies in creating a robust test plan, based on the knowledge transfer done.
Last but not the least, for the UAT Practice especially, it is crucial to work closely with not only the Product Team on the client side, but also the business team to deliver the right user experience.
Database synchronization, identifying potential invalid defects or bugs that can hinder, validating target tables, ensuring correctness of columns where logical calculations as described in the logical mapping sheet are applied are some of the key deliverables Indium Software team performs QA for.
- Low cost test automation framework
- No downtime of the application being tested
- Build-Operate-Stabilize-Transfer model (BOST) for low capital investment and improved testing efficiency & productivity
- Compliance to client policies for better trust and relationship building
- Developed custom reporting tool for performance benchmarking