The mobile device is more than a mere communication device today, enabling transactions as well. No software developer can ignore it anymore. In fact, some apps are developed solely for the mobile. Whether a mobile also, or mobile only, solution, they need comprehensive testing to ensure that they meet the development goals.
The need for quicker time to market along with repetitive landscape of testing on various evolving Platforms/OSs/Browsers requires automation of testing to ensure shorter test cycles allied with rapid mobile application development practices.
With Indium Software’s Mobile Test Automation framework, iMobi, bridges the gap between business and technology needs. A result of Indium’s experience in Mobile Apps testing on mobile devices, the framework seamlessly integrates with the QA and business analytics of our customers, ensuring high-quality and supreme results.
Listen to an overview of our Mobile Test Automation
Indium Software's Approach
The range of services Indium Software offers include:
Indium Software’s Best Practices for Mobile Test Automation
Some of the practices include:
- To line up with customer business needs and evaluate their case of mobile test requirements (Functional, Usability, Non Functional, Compatibility, etc)
- Make a roadmap for mobile testing, together with essential elements of planning and execution during the life cycle of application
- Maintain the infrastructure for testing on various mobile platforms
- Articulate proper structure for mobile application testing with planned test automation and special attention for future scalability
- Offer unified methodology for testing mobile applications
This effort is supported by a well equipped test lab that includes all key devices, platforms and browsers:
This ensures that the app is performing smoothly and ready for market within a short time and at competitive costs.
With mobile devices, OS and browsers being updated frequently, Indium Software begins its mobile testing engagement with research on devices in scope, developing a test plan, creating high level test scenarios and detailed test cases, and establishing traceability matrix and status dashboards.
- Installation across devices
- Compatibility on Multi Browser / Multi OS /Multi Device – Desktop / Mobile / Tablet
- Usability / User Experience (UI/UX)
- Network connectivity
- Globalization (I18N, L10N).
- Adaptability to Agile / TDD methodologies
- Continuous research on the trending devices, techniques used across regions spanning OS / versions which are frequently updated
- Measuring feature completeness/test coverage/ test efficiency apart from defect metrics to determine the market strategy
- Created a dynamic dashboard to inquire and monitor the test results, progress and reports at any time
- Capabilities to learn, understand & cover the features in application in shorter time