Accelerating App Development Lifecycle for Complex Retail Applications by Enforcing Critical and Inclusive Testing Methods
The client required an experienced testing partner to recommend appropriate test methods and provide seamless testing support to drive their retail operations to increase app quality, achieve faster time-to-market, optimize the development life cycle and improve accessibility.
Our client is a California-based Retail giant primarily into men’s apparel business. The company sells a large collection of brands online and also offers apparel online rental services. They are the Top 100 Omni-channel Retailers recognized by Total Retail. With a global business model, their online retail application is global and inclusive of sophisticated shopping and enterprise features.
Their business operations are heavily dependent on application software from supply chain management, e-commerce, Point of Sale (PoS) Systems to dynamically changing inventory and campaign management systems. Some of the use cases we handled for QA
- Daily promotion updates in Content Management System (CMS) and its response (validations) in live product pages, banner pages, interactive application of promotions in the cart etc. The frequency of promotion updates typically varies 2 times in a week –daily during festive periods.
- New inventory updates and Product Validations.
- Omni channel governance: enabling channels at any point in the customer buying journey and validations across touch points.
- Complete revamp of existing pages/functionalities.
- PoS validations.
- Reporting and Dashboards.
With a progressive application at hand, the release cycles were at stake. The application needed to be updated and released within shorter sprints with total quality