A banking application typically has a complex structure; the development team must manage a diverse set of functions while also ensuring user security, all while providing a pleasant and seamless experience.
The company’s reputation will almost certainly be ruined if it releases a product with numerous coding mistakes and performance concerns. That’s why it’s critical to keep track of, evaluate, and improve the tool’s performance based on real-world events.
The product goes online once all of the banking web applications testing steps have been completed successfully. A financial company manager will be more confident about the app’s performance in the real world after testing it. This is ensured when all bank application testing areas are touched upon. Let’s have a look at the major focus areas for a banking application tester.
- UX and usability & functionality — They ensure that modules work as expected (both individually and as part of a larger system). Banking professionals aren’t necessarily computer savvy. Not everyone has a solid understanding of the web when it comes to branch clients. As a result, application developers must create simple, user-friendly interfaces. Testers must check that using the product’s graphic attributes takes little time and that all of the primary services are only a few clicks away from the home page.
- Performance: On mobile devices, slow page loading and lack responsiveness are serious challenges that can negatively impact user retention rates. A tester must ensure that the product is speedy and consistent across multiple operating systems and browsers.
- Security: The majority of developed countries are tightening their web security controls. As a result, businesses run the danger of violating basic security rules. A firm owner puts themselves at danger of penalties or criminal prosecution if they do not follow security directives. The goal of security testing is to ensure that the application complies with industry-standard security rules and has additional safeguards in place to ensure that it is safe in the event of a hacker attack.
Banking applications handle sensitive data, which makes them more vulnerable than other projects. Financial software is a popular target for hackers, so any organisation working in the banking industry must be vigilant about security dangers.
Read this interesting piece: Fraud Analytics for the banking sector!
A specific case: Indium’s expertise
Our client is a private wholesale bank that facilitates community lenders in New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands advance housing and community growth with a secure online banking application.
The banking application is designed to set/update the parameters for the day to day business process and give customers a flexible and time-saving alternative for viewing, printing and downloading reports/data.
The firm’s initial requirement was to conduct gap analysis, set QA process and define QA Roadmap. After setting- up a QA process, they wanted us to help them automate their regression test cases. Also, they wanted a thorough functional vetting against the requirements to measure completeness and create & maintain reusable test artifacts (High level test scenarios / detailed test cases).
How did we do it?
Indium software, being an expert in the field of application testing solutions in the past decade took a sensible approach to solve the firm’s application testing issues. Here is our approach:
- i. Determining the key testing goals as applicable to Mission Critical and Real time Application portfolio was our major task.
- ii. Recommending of best Practices and methodologies.
- iii. Creating check-lists to ensure the application’s functionality and prioritize test coverage
- iv. Ensuring sufficient coverage and improve the quality of test design.
- v. Creating test plan that includes test schedule along with milestones.
- vi. Identifying test cases for Automation.
To ensure high quality code to UAT for all applications, our experts analyzed and suggested improvements to the QA delivery process. We had peer review on test cases and built a test suite. Our Well defined test strategy tracking. Our team had provided a seamless execution of regression test suite, enormous testing coverage and captured several relevant matrices to showcase testing progress and results. Deliverables in each phase of the process, including a Testing Plan, Gap Analysis Report, Test Cases, Incidents Report and Reports on Testing Progress were provided.
Our experienced test engineers used QTP / VB Scripting to automate the functional regression test suite. To ensure reduced cycle time for testing, we recommended a test automation framework for regression testing. They built re-usable test artifacts.
Our testing expertise indicated high level Test improvement opportunities including lowering the Total Cost of ownership of QA services. We provided channelized test data management and test scenario outlines. Our testing team assessed the requirements, tools, and processes involving Load/ stress testing for the Web based applications.
We understood the Client’s QA vision, Established QA process, conducted appropriate Gap Analysis, Laid Test Strategy, Setup Test Environment, Recommended Process Improvement and QA maturity Roadmap.
During the initial phase, we uncovered many lurking defects in production environment and over a period of time, we ensured zero defect leakage, managed test scripts for continuous execution.
- i. Our test automation framework helped them reduce the regression cycle time by 40%.
- ii. Productivity of resources was 110% (supported during weekends as per the client’s requisite).
- iii. Manual efforts was reduced by 95%
- iv. Test efficiency improved by 95%
Indium’s expertise in application testing services had been proven over the last 20+ years and we intend on providing cutting-edge customer centric solutions for your every software need.