4 Minute Read
The term ‘regression’ sounds very tedious, terrifying and too technical, but it’s really not.
Literally, “regression” means “going back” to the previous state of your application just to ensure that any new change, bug fix, patch or version did not disturb the existing code of the application and the app runs as expected.
Browse back to learn our experts have said about Regression Testing
What is different in Mobile Regression Testing?
There is no big difference in regression testing of a mobile application to that of the web application. This is because no matter what the platform is, the application’s functionality is not going to change.Example: If the ‘LIKE button in Facebook’ has to work on the web platform, then it should work the same way on the mobile platform.
This means, that the functional aspects of the application don’t make difference in mobile regression to that of web regression testing.
Also, the test cases used for web app regression testing can be used for mobile regression testing.
Then why Mobile Regression Testing services is such a chaos?
There are other aspects which should be considered while executing regression test plan for a mobile application.
- How does the application perform in mobile interruptions?
- Is the mobile application properly getting installed on every version of mobile devices?
- Is the usability aspect of the mobile application up to user satisfaction?
- How compatible is your application across devices and platforms?
- Is the layout and navigation of the application user-friendly?
- How consistent is the application in portrait and landscape view?
These are only few examples. This list will grow bigger based on the number of devices, platforms, OSs, country, currency involved, etc.
But these issues become traumatic when neglected.
Watch Our iSAFE Automation Framework Demo
Things to Consider for Adopting a Mobile Regression Testing Plan
In a strange way, mobile application testing is dualistic. There is no middle ground. The growing use of smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices have accelerated mobile applications and mobile application testing indefinitely.
Looking for a Partner to Handle your Mobile QA Needs?
Like any desktop or web application testing, mobile application testing hones in on the quality and performance of the end product.
Mobile Regression Testing Puzzle can be solved easily when the below aspects are followed.
- Select Mobile phones with features that fits best for your customer’s own usage.
- Emulation & Simulation helps with fast development of test cases and test automation
- Testing mobile app on cloud reduces the delivery time and the cost suffered on purchasing real devices.
Outsource Mobile Testing Now to Avoid Mobile Testing Overheads
- The mobile applications should be validated for Network Connectivity under full network, intermittent network, and no network.
- Both Manual and regression test automation are required based on the number of test cases, scenarios, and iterations.
- Perform load and stress testing of your application
- Perform security testing on the app and check for other vulnerabilities