Are you sure about the Quality of the Product produced..?
To confess that your output is Right, You should be very confident on your Measuring System which produces the Result/Output.
So Gage Your Measuring System First. !!!
What can be defined as Measurement System??
Measurement System – is the complete process of obtaining measurements. This can be
- Test Method / Procedures.
- Instruments/Tools used.
- Resources/People Involved.
Two Major concepts involve identifying the capability of Measurement System.
*** Do you remember in “+2” Physics Practical Exam – were all of them used “Vernier Caliper” to measure the given object. Each time we measure the same object we’ve got different/similar measurement readings and the same for other students.
Similarly, the technical example given below will explain the above said method.
Let’s take this Scenario– You’re now reviewing the Standards of Java Test script written by your peer. Your task is to identify the defects. So you will be producing the defect list as an output.
Now answer this….
Are you producing the Same Result when you review the same Test Script Every time (Today/Next week)??
Track your outputs by doing 3 to 5 iterations of review to decide your ability.
- As a team we should assure that Measurer (Reviewer) is capable in repeating the accurate result every time he/she reviews. This is called Repeatability.
Were All the Reviewers in the group are getting the Same Result when reviewing the Same Java Script?
Try out this analysis with the group of 3 to 5 Reviewers for more than 3 iterations of review. Track all the outputs produced by all the reviewers.
- We should ensure that more than or equal to 90% of reviewers produce the same and accurate results as other person do. This is called Reproducibility.
- If the team is scoring less than 90% accuracy then you need to re-do the analysis with the same set of people after completing the awareness/training session on Java Standards.
The above 2 techniques proves that your measuring system is good enough to produce a Quality Product.
The Process of Analyzing the Measurement System is called Gage R&R (Repeatability & Reproducibility)in Software Industry.
So What Next…!!! Gage your System Today to Improve Your Product Quality.!!!